You’ll be sure of a warm welcome if you become a Samaritan
As a listening volunteer:
Samaritans are always keen to recruit ‘listening volunteers’ to take calls from people whose lives are under pressure.
This may sound like a daunting task but training is provided and you’ll also be able to rely on an experienced mentor who’ll be alongside you during the ‘learning’ phase.
As a support volunteer:
There are other roles in our local branches too. These include: fundraising; organising publicity; administration; financial management; health and safety; building maintenace and IT support.
Without support volunteers, branches simply couldn’t operate.
So, perhaps it’s time to join the thousands of people who’ve volunteered at their local branch. You’ll be helping to provide a unique form of support for some of our most vulnerable citizens. Find out more.
As a donor:
It costs around £12,000 each year to keep a branch going in a medium sized town like Colchester.
A donation of £1,000 will keep an average branch going for a month.
£250 will support a branch’s activities for a week.
£40 will help keep a branch open for a day.
£10 covers the cost of answering calls from two people struggling to cope.
Please use the following links to donate to any of the Samaritans branches represented by our team or to the Samaritans Central Charity.
- Cambridge Branch (David Bruce) DONATE HERE – CAMBRIDGE
- Colchester Branch (Keith Middleton) DONATE HERE – COLCHESTER
- Kings Lynn Branch (Richard James) DONATE HERE – KINGS LYNN
- Macclesfield Branch (Wendy Bateman) DONATE HERE – MACCLESFIELD
- Macclesfield Branch (Helen Beech) DONATE HERE – MACCLESFIELD
- Newbury Branch (Steve Fretwell) DONATE HERE – NEWBURY
- North London Branch (Caitlin O’Kelly) DONATE HERE – NORTH LONDON
- toke on Trent Branch (Brian Rouse) DONATE HERE – STOKE
- Yeovil and Sherborne Branch (Annie Marshall) DONATE HERE – YEOVIL
- Winchester Branch (Piers Armstrong) DONATE HERE – WINCHESTER
- York Branch (David Moyles and the York Team DONATE HERE – YORK
- Samaritans Central Charity – supporting Samaritans nationally (Steve Johnson) DONATE HERE – SAMARITANS CENTRAL CHARITY
All donations transfer directly to the Samaritans
If you’re a UK taxpayer, the government will automatically top up your payment by 25% through the Gift Aid scheme.